Double-layered sandwiches using white and brown bread, with slices of Cheddar, sliced turkey, Butterhead lettuce, mayonnaise, tomato, egg and bacon. Sliced into bite-sized sandwiches, held together with a cocktail stick.
Per half sandwich:
358kcals, 25.3g fat (9.5g saturated), 12.1g carbs, 2.5g sugar, 20.2g protein, 1g fibre, 0.943g sodium
|Serves:||Makes 1 (serves 2 children or 1 teenager)|
|1 tomato, sliced|
|3 slices of bread, 2 wholemeal, 1 white|
|2 bacon rashers, grilled until crispy and allowed to cool|
|2 slices of turkey|
|2 slices of Cheddar|
|1 hard-boiled egg, sliced|
- Place the slices of tomato on top of 2-3 slices of kitchen paper and allow to drain excess liquid away for one hour, turning them over halfway through.
- Lightly toast the slices of bread. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Lightly spread butter and mayonnaise on one side of all three slices.
- On one slice of wholemeal toast, layer up the rashers, sliced tomato and 1-2 leaves of lettuce. Close over with the slice of white toast, mayonnaise side-down. Spread a little more mayonnaise on top of the white toast and add a little mustard.
- On top of this, add layers of sliced turkey, sliced Cheddar, the hard-boiled egg and 1-2 more lettuce leaves.
- Add the final slice of bread, mayonnaise side-down. Press down firmly to sandwich everything together. Carefully cut the sandwich into quarters and secure each quarter with a cocktail stick. Pack into lunchboxes.