These oat balls are a source of energy, protein and fibre, and an ideal snack for the afternoon.
30 minutes (no baking)
|Serves:||Makes 18-20 balls|
|120g rolled oats|
|30g vanilla whey protein powder|
|1/2 teaspoon cinnamon|
|2 tablespoons sunflower seeds|
|125ml soft, smooth peanut butter|
|3 tablespoons honey|
|1 teaspoon vanilla essence|
|2-4 tablespoons water|
1. In a large bowl, combine the oats, protein powder, cinnamon
and sunflower seeds to a large bowl.
2. Add in peanut butter, honey and vanilla and mix.
3. Once mixed, add the raisins. The mixture should be sticky but
4. Slowly add in a little of the water using your hands so that it forms a large ball which holds its shape. Slowly add a little more water if the mixture is too dry.
5. Separate the mixture and roll into bite-size balls.
6. Place in a container to set in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
7. Keep them stored in the fridge and pop into a small container
to transport with you.
Tip: Perfect snack for after exercise or sport!