Tip – roast a whole chicken for dinner and use the leftovers for this dish, or alternatively just roast a whole chicken at the start of the week to use for pizza toppings, sandwich fillings or even to add to a soup or broth for extra protein
|Serves:||Serves 4-6 as a snack or light lunch|
|1 tin of sweetcorn|
|2 sheets of puff pastry|
|1 egg, whisked|
|300g roast chicken, shredded or chopped|
- Preheat the oven to 190˚C/170˚C fan/gas mark 5.
- Mix together the cooked chicken and sweetcorn and set aside.
- Lay out the sheets of puff pastry and cut out circles with a large pastry cutter or with a knife using a small plate as a guide.
- Mound a heaped tablespoon of filling on half of each circle.
- Moisten edges with egg and fold the pastry over the filling to make a half moon shape.
- Press edges with a fork to seal and prick the tops with a fork for steam vents.
- Place turnovers on a baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. These can be enjoyed hot or cold.