Oat and Pistachio Squares
These oat squares are a source of fibre and make a very tasty snack.
|Serves:||Makes 12 squares|
|135g raw shelled pistachio nuts|
|80g raw oats|
|1/2 teaspoon Salt|
|60ml maple syrup|
|2 tablespoons olive oil|
|30g unsweetened coconut flakes|
|45g chopped pistachios for the topping|
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan/Gas mark 4 and line a 23 cm square pan with baking paper.
2. In a blender, blend the pistachio nuts, oats, and salt for about 30 seconds, until fine.
3. Pour in the maple syrup and olive oil while blending until the mixture forms a crumbly but moist dough.
4. Press the dough evenly into the pan and bake for 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and sprinkle the coconut flakes and remaining pistachios on top. Bake for a further 5 to 7 minutes until the coconut is lightly toasted and the dough is cooked through. The dough should still be fairly soft.
5. Once cooled, carefully lift the contents out of the pan by holding the baking paper. Cut it into 12 squares.
6. Store the squares in a sealed container (they will last at least a week in a cool, dry environment).
Tip: Perfect as a pre-exercise or sport energy booster
Other Tasty Recipes
Rate our Recipe×
|Country of origin:|