Vegan Coconut Curry
This vegan coconut curry is full of flavour as well as packed with vitamins!
Nutrition Facts amount per serving – Calories 431, Total Fat 9.5 g, Saturated Fat 1.3 g, Total Carbohydrate 72 g, Dietary Fibre 12 g, Total Sugars 9 g, Protein 15 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Vitamin D 0 IU
Calcium 108 mg, Iron 2.93 mg, Potassium 484 mg, Sodium 658 mg.
|180g white rice|
|1 tablespoon olive oil|
|1 tablespoon maple syrup|
|450g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed|
|1 spring onion, chopped|
|1 can coconut milk|
|1 sweet potato, chopped|
|1 tablespoon yellow curry paste|
|2 teaspoons curry powder|
|1/2 zucchini, chopped|
|Handful fresh coriander|
|1 lemon, juiced|
|2 sticks lemongrass|
1. Cook rice as per directions on the package.
2. Preheat olive oil in a pan and sauté all the veggies for about 5-7 minutes.
3. Add in 1 tablespoon yellow curry paste, 2 teaspoons curry powder, and beaten lemongrass. Stir-fry for a few minutes, then add in chickpeas, coconut milk, maple syrup, lemon juice and salt. Turn down the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Remove lemongrass and serve vegan coconut curry with rice.
5. Garnish with fresh coriander.
Notes: to make it non-vegan option, just add cooked chicken to the recipe or any leftover cooked meat that you have. This recipe is loaded with vitamins.
Other Tasty Recipes
Rate our Recipe×
|Country of origin:|