Fluffy, American-style pancakes served family-style on a sharing platter with Fresh Choice Clementines, Fresh Choice Selected Berries, Truly Irish Rashers, maple syrup and natural yogurt.
Per serving of pancakes 314kcals, 11.9g fat (7.1g saturated), 42.9g carbs (12.6g sugars), 8.5g protein, 1.6g fibre, 0.105g sodium
|230g self-raising flour|
|pinch of salt|
|¼ tsp baking powder|
|1 tbsp caster sugar|
|2 large SPAR Fresh Eggs|
|200ml SPAR Whole Milk|
|100g chocolate chips (optional)|
|Butter, for cooking|
|Truly Irish Rashers|
|Fresh Choice Clementines, peeled and segmented|
|Fresh Choice Selected Berries|
|Tea and/or coffee|
- For the pancakes, sift the flour, salt, baking powder and sugar into a large bowl and make a well in the centre. Add the eggs and milk and whisk until smooth. Add a little
more milk if needed. Fold in the chocolate chips, if using.
- Heat a heavy-based pan over a medium-high heat, add a knob of butter and allow to melt, swirling it around the pan. Add a ladle full of the batter and cook for about two
minutes until bubbles start to appear in the centre of the pancake. Flip over and cook for one minute longer.
- Transfer the pancake to a plate and keep warm while you repeat with the rest of the batter.
- Meanwhile, turn the grill on to a high heat. Add the rashers and cook for 2-3 minutes per side until they are just beginning to crisp. Remove to the plate and keep warm.
- To assemble your board, line your pancakes down the centre. Add a jug of maple syrup, and a small bowl of yoghurt. Place the rashers along the side and arrange the
fruits around the board. Serve straightaway in the centre of the table with a pot of tea or coffee!