This is the perfect recipe for a weekend brunch!!
Nutrition Facts amount per serving; Calories 681, Total Fat 26g, Saturated Fat 18.7g, Total Carbohydrate 98g, Dietary Fiber 8.2g, Total Sugars 15.2g, Protein 15.5g, Cholesterol 0mg, Vitamin D 0IU, Calcium 195mg, Iron 4mg, Potassium 558mg and Sodium 465.7mg
|6 whole-wheat bread slices|
|240ml soy milk, unsweetened|
|1/2 tsp baking powder|
|30g corn starch|
|1 tsp ground flaxseeds|
|2 tsp pure maple syrup|
|1 tsp vanilla extract|
|1 tsp ground cinnamon|
|1/4 tsp ground nutmeg|
|3 tbsp honey|
|3 tbsp coconut oil|
|1/4 cup fresh mixed berries|
1. In a medium bowl, pour soy milk. Add cornstarch, baking powder, flaxseeds, vanilla extract and maple syrup. Mix well.
2. Place a non-stick frying pan on medium heat.
3. Add coconut oil and let it melt.
4. Once the frying pan is hot, dip whole wheat bread slices in the batter and place them on a hot pan.
5. Let them cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until they get a golden colour.
6. Flip and cook on the other side for 2 minutes.
7. Once the bread is crispy, take them off the pan and continue to cook.
8. Garnish with sliced banana, blueberries and drizzle honey on top.
Notes: You can use any bread. Make sure it is sturdy and thick so that it absorbs the batter. Vegan butter can be used as an alternative to coconut oil.