Try something different for breakfast or a mid-day snack with this Chocolate Smoothie!
Nutrition Facts – Amount per serving
Calories 135, Total Fat 4.1g, Saturated Fat 1.5g, Total Carbohydrate 29.5g, Dietary Fiber 7.7g, Total Sugars 16.4g, Protein 4.3g, Cholesterol 0mg, Vitamin D 40IU, Calcium 182mg, Iron 3mg, Potassium 3mg, Sodium 701mg.
|240ml unsweetened almond milk|
|6 dates, pitted|
|35g cocoa powder, unsweetened|
|1 teaspoon vanilla extract|
|1 cup ice cubes|
1. In a high-speed blender jug, pour almond milk.
2. Add four pitted dates, cocoa powder, vanilla extract and ice cubes.
3. Blend at high speed until all the ingredients are unified.
4. Taste the smoothie. You can add more dates to boost sweetness. Blend again.
5. Pour the smoothie into a mug, sprinkle dark chocolate shavings on top and serve.
Notes: Soy milk or coconut milk, both unsweetened, can also be used for this recipe. Bananas can be used as an alternative to dates