Pepper Crusted Roasted Round Roast of Beef with Honey Glazed Carrots/Parsnips & Baby Potatoes
A succulent beef roast, encased in layers of flavour, that will keep you going back for more.
Per Serving: 794kcals, 25.4g Fat (7.8g Saturated), 62.7g Carbs (16.8g Sugars), 75.6g Protein, 14.2g Fibre, 0.620g Sodium
Approx. 2 hours
|Serves:||6 – 8 Portions|
|3tsp Dijon mustard|
|3tbls coarse black pepper|
|1tbls crushed garlic|
|½tbls white pepper|
|2tsps dried thyme or Italian herb|
|2.0kg (approx.) round beef roast|
|1kg baby carrots, cleaned and lightly peeled|
|1kg baby potatoes, parboiled|
|1kg parsnips, peeled and cut into chunks|
|2 onions, cut into quarters|
|2 large garlic cloves, lightly smashed|
|3tbls honey / 2tbls butter melted together|
|1 cup red wine|
|1tbls olive oil|
|2tsp finely chopped onion|
|1tsp garlic, crushed|
|3tbls balsamic vinegar|
|2tsp brown sugar|
|1tsp black pepper, coarse|
|1 cup beef stock/reserved liquid|
- Preheat the oven to 225 degrees Celsius. Line a roasted pan with foil and place a rack on top of the foil.
- Season the beef well with the salt and allow to stand for 20 minutes. Smear the beef well with the Dijon mustard. Mix the peppers, garlic and thyme together and press all over the beef to cover. Allow to stand for 1 hour.
- Mix the vegetables with some salt, pepper and olive oil, and place in the bottom of the roasted pan. Lay the beef on top of the vegetables and put into the oven to roast for 25 minutes. Reduce the temperature to 180’c and cook for another 40 minutes or until the core temperature reaches 65 to 70 degrees Celsius.
- Remove from the oven and take the meat off the vegetables, put into some foil to rest. Keep covered for at least 20 to 30 minutes.
- Check the vegetables and make sure they are cooked, drain any excess fat into a jug for the gravy. Pour the melted honey and butter over the vegetables and lightly toss to combine. Season with more salt and pepper if need. Take vegetable out into a serving platter / bowl and keep warm.
- Gravy: Heat the roasting pan on the stove top and deglaze with the red wine. Add the oil, onion and garlic and sauté until softened. Add the rest of the ingredients and bring to the boil. Turn down the heat and simmer until reduced and the consistency you want. Strain and adjust seasoning if you need to with salt and pepper
Cooks Tip! Add a spoon of mustard to the gravy for some extra flavour!