A delicious winter warmer packed full of flavour and goodness. Toasted ciabatta fingers wrapped in bacon are great additions to dip into the soup.
Per Serving: 355kcal, 13.8gFat (3.8g Saturated), 67.6g Carbs (16.6g Sugars), 9.7g Protein, 21.8g Fibre, 0.645g Sodium
|Serves:||6 – 8 Portions|
|1kg mixed fresh root vegetables, peeled and chopped (butternut, sweet potato, turnips, parsnips)|
|200g carrots, peeled and cut into chunks|
|1 red pepper, seeded and cut into chunks|
|Garlic cloves, lightly smashed|
|A few sprigs rosemary|
|Salt & pepper|
|750ml vegetable stock|
|Ciabatta Bacon Soldiers:|
|A few thick slices ciabatta bread|
|Streaky bacon or pancetta|
- Preheat the oven to 200’C
- Place the vegetables and garlic in a roasting pan. Drizzle with oil, add the garlic, herbs and season well. Toss to combine and roast for 30 – 40 minutes until the vegetables are soft.
- Add the vegetable stock and the vegetables to a food processor and blitz until almost smooth.
- Pour into a pit and heat to boiling. Adjust the seasoning if need be.
Ciabatta Bacon Soldiers:
- Drizzle the bread with olive oil, cut the bread into thick fingers and wrap with bacon. Bake in the hot oven until crispy. Serve with the soup.
Cooks Tip! Great serving the soup in a cappuccino or espresso cup with soldiers on the side