Orange and honey roast chicken
A whole roasted chicken flavoured with an orange and honey butter, served with green beans; family friendly and delicious.
450kcals, 16.6g fat (8.2g saturated), 13.5g carbs, 9g sugars, 59.1g protein, 0.2g fibre, 0.602g sodium
1 hour 50 minutes
|For the chicken:|
|1 x 1.4kg whole chicken|
|50g butter, softened|
|2 tbsp honey|
|1 small orange, zested|
|Salt and black pepper|
|For the gravy:|
|Pan juices from chicken|
|3 tbsp plain flour|
|500ml chicken stock|
1. Preheat the oven to 190˚C/170˚C fan/gas mark 5. In a bowl, combine the butter, honey and orange zest.
2. Place the chicken in a roasting tin and pan the skin dry with kitchen paper. Use clean fingers to loosen the skin of the chicken at the neck. Push as much of the orange honey butter as possible under the skin, pressing it down to flatten out.
3. Rub any remaining butter over the outside of the skin and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Quarter the orange, prick a few times with a fork and place inside the chicken.
4. Roast the chicken for one hour and 30 minutes or until completely cooked throughout and the juices run clear when the bird is pierced between the thigh and the breast..
5. Remove the chicken from the oven. Carefully transfer to a plate, tent loosely with foil and allow to rest for 15-20 minutes.
6. Place the roasting tin with the chicken juices over a medium heat on the hob. Whisk in the flour and cook for 2-3 minutes. Whisk in the chicken stock and add black pepper. Bring the gravy to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 4-5 minutes until thickened to your liking.
7. Carve the chicken and serve with the gravy, green beans and roast potatoes.
Other Tasty Recipes
Rate our Recipe×
|Country of origin:|