This delicious Nutella blondies recipe is the perfect dessert by itself or with a scoop of your favourite ice-cream! This is a simple and easy to follow recipe, great to get the children involved!
|Serves:||Makes 10 servings|
|272g all-purpose flour|
|1/2 tsp baking powder|
|1/2 tsp salt|
|225g unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly|
|340g light brown sugar, packed|
|2 large eggs|
|1tbsp vanilla essence|
|295g Nutella or chocolate spread|
|100g toasted and chopped macadamia nuts|
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC. Line a 9 x 9inch deep baking tray with parchment paper and spray with non-stick spray.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
3. In a separate large bowl, beat the melted butter and brown sugar together. Add eggs one at a time, then add the vanilla and mix until combined. Using a rubber spatula or wooden spoon, fold the flour mixture and the macadamia nuts into the egg mixture until combined.
4. Pour half the batter into the prepared pan and use the rubber spatula to evenly spread the top. Pour Nutella over the bottom layer of batter. Spread evenly with a spatula. Pour the rest of the batter over and spread evenly.
5. Bake at 180ºC for 35 minutes, or until the top is shiny and cracked but firm. Cut into 1 ½ by 1 ½ inch bars and serve.
Notes: Macadamia nuts are a source of fibre and energy!