Chocolate chip peanut butter banana bread
Take banana bread to the next level by adding dark chocolate chips and a swirl of peanut butter.
Per serving: 342kcals, 14.7g fat (8.4g saturated), 49g carbs (28.1g sugars), 5.6g protein, 2.2g fibre, 0.374g sodium
70 minutes [inactive]
|110g butter, softened, plus extra for greasing|
|250g plain flour, plus extra for dusting|
|1 tsp baking powder|
|1 tsp bicarbonate of soda|
|1 tsp salt|
|3 ripe bananas, mashed|
|1 tbsp milk|
|1 tsp ground cinnamon, or to taste|
|200g caster sugar|
|170g dark chocolate chips|
|3 tbsp smooth peanut butter|
- Preheat the oven to 170˚C/150˚C fan/gas mark 3. Grease a 900g loaf tin with butter and dust with flour.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt. In a second bowl, combine the bananas, milk and cinnamon.
- Beat the butter and sugar together in a third bowl until light and fluffy. Add the eggs to the butter mixture, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir the banana mixture into the butter mixture, then fold in the dry mixture until well combined.
- Gently fold in the chocolate chips and peanut butter until just combined. Transfer the mixture into the prepared loaf tin.
- Bake for around 70 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the loaf comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the tin for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack and allow to cool completely before slicing.
Other Tasty Recipes
Rate our Recipe×
|Country of origin:|