Homemade honeycomb is made from sugar, golden syrup and bicarbonate of soda. Spread into a loaf tin to set. Remove and cover with melted chocolate, then leave to set until firm.
Per Serving 373kcals, 13.4g fat (9.4g saturated), 62.3g carbs, 1.5g sugars, 3.4g protein, 1.5g fibre, 0.444g sodium
15 minutes, plus 3 hours inactive
|900g milk chocolate, chopped|
|400g caster sugar|
|400g golden syrup|
|6 tsp bicarbonate of soda|
- Grease a loaf tin and line with parchment paper, leaving overhang on the sides.
- Set a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, making sure the bottom of the bowl does not actually touch the water. Add half of the chocolate to the bowl and leave to melt, then remove the bowl from the pan and stir until smooth.
- Pour the chocolate into the loaf tin, smoothing it to cover the bottom and up the sides. Refrigerate for one hour until set.
- Remove the chilled loaf tin from the fridge. Add the sugar and golden syrup to a sauce pan over a medium heat, stirring for about three minutes until smooth and golden.
- Remove from the heat and whisk in the bicarbonate of soda until it is bubbly and deep amber. Quickly and carefully pour this into the silicone tin, then refrigerate for a few hours until completely set.
- Line a rimmed baking tray with parchment paper. Set two small overturned bowls on the paper, then remove the giant bar from the loaf tin and set it on top of the bowls.
- Melt the remaining chocolate, then pour all of it on top of the bar. Use a spatula to carefully spread the chocolate over the top, allowing it to drip off the sides. Leave to set at room temperature until completely set. Slice and enjoy!