A great seasonal side dish or vegetarian main, this easy recipe combines fresh courgettes, tomatoes, onions and garlic in a bake flavoured with grated Parmesan and fresh oregano.
Per serving: 95kcals, 5.3g fat (2.5g saturated), 7.4g carbs, 3.9g sugars, 6.4g protein, 2.1g fibre, 0.149g sodium
|½ tbsp olive oil, plus extra for drizzling|
|½ a red onion, chopped|
|½ tsp dried oregano|
|Salt and black pepper|
|1 garlic clove, crushed|
|3 tomatoes, thinly sliced|
|1 courgette, thinly sliced|
|60g Parmesan, grated|
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4. Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat and cook the onions for 7-9 minutes until soft and translucent. Season with oregano, salt and pepper.
- Add the garlic and cook for one minute.
- Transfer one-third of the mixture to the bottom of a 23cm tart dish, or a shallow baking dish.
- Alternate layering the tomatoes and courgette to make one full, even layer.
- Top with half of the remaining onion mixture. Repeat the tomato and courgette layer, then finish with the rest of the onions.
- Sprinkle over the Parmesan and drizzle with oil. Bake for 30-35 minutes until golden brown.