A no-bake strawberry cheesecake on a base of crushed Digestive biscuits, and topped with an easy homemade strawberry jam sauce.
Per serving: 583kcals, 45.2g fat (24.4g saturated), 41.8g carbs, 24.7g sugars, 4.8g protein, 0.9g fibre, 0.408g sodium
15 minutes (plus four hours inactive)
|200g strawberries, hulled and sliced, plus extra to decorate
|50g caster sugar
|400g Digestive biscuits, crushed
|200g butter, melted
|1 x 135g packet of strawberry jelly
|4 tbsp boiling water
|200g full-fat cream cheese
|400ml double cream
- Combine the strawberries and sugar in a saucepan over a medium heat. Bring to a gently simmer and cook, stirring frequently, for 10-15 minutes until the sugar has dissolved and the sauce is thick and jam-like. Remove from the heat and leave to cool.
- Stir the biscuits and butter in a bowl until it resembles wet sand. Press into the bottom of a 23cm springform tin. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to set.
- Place the jelly in a bowl and pour over the water, stirring to dissolve. Set aside and leave to cool slightly.
- Use an electric whisk to beat the cream cheese with half of the strawberry jam mixture for 3-5 minutes until combined.
- Beat in the cream and jelly mixture until incorporated.
- Pour the mixture into the biscuit base and allow to set in the fridge for at least four hours, or overnight if possible.
- Remove the ring from around the sides of the cheesecake and transfer to a serving plate. Top with the remaining strawberry jam mixture, fresh strawberry slices and whipped cream.