Gluten-free quinoa is mixed with tender steamed broccoli florets and grated Cheddar, then baked until crisp.
Per Serving 268kcals, 12g fat (4.4g saturated), 25.4g carbs, 4.2g sugars, 15.6g protein, 3.2g fibre, 0.372g sodium
|120g uncooked quinoa|
|1½ tbsp olive oil|
|1 head of broccoli, chopped into small florets|
|1 small onion, chopped|
|4 garlic cloves, crushed|
|Salt and black pepper|
|240ml low-fat milk|
|1 tbsp wholegrain mustard|
|100g Cheddar or Gruyère, grated|
|20g butter, plus extra for greasing|
|2 tbsp parsley, chopped|
|Zest of ½ a lemon|
- Cook the quinoa according to the package instructions, then drain and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan over a medium-high heat. Add the broccoli and onion and cook for 10 minutes until the onions are golden brown. Add half of the garlic and some salt and pepper and cook for another minute. Stir in the quinoa and remove from the heat.
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4 and lightly grease a baking dish with some butter.
- In a large bowl, beat together the eggs, milk, mustard and some seasoning. Stir in the cheese, then carefully pour this into the broccoli and quinoa mixture and stir gently to combine. Transfer to the prepared baking dish.
- Melt the butter in a small pan over a medium heat. Add the remaining garlic along with the breadcrumbs, parsley, lemon zest and a pinch of salt. Cook for 4-5 minutes until the breadcrumbs are golden brown.
- Sprinkle the breadcrumbs over the top of the casserole. Bake for 30-35 minutes until golden and bubbly.