Peppered pineapple and coca-cola glazed gammon
Serving suggestions: Serve with a baked potato
Best served with an ice-cold Coca Cola Zero Sugar
|4 gammon steaks|
|1 fresh pineapple|
|1 tbsp dry jerk seasoning|
|330ml of Coca-Cola|
|1 tbsp ground black peppercorns|
|100g demerara sugar|
|1 tbsp olive oil|
- Take the 4 gammon steaks and gently rub with the jerk seasoning and leave to the side.
- Remove the top and the outer skin of the pineapple, remove the core and cut into chunky wedges.
- In a small pot, add the Coca-Cola and Demerara sugar. Cook until it forms a syrup consistency and remove from the heat. Add the ground black peppercorns.
- Add the olive oil to the pan over medium heat, add the gammon steaks and cook for 3-4 minutes on both sides until golden brown. Remove the gammon steaks from the pan and wrap in tinfoil to keep warm.
- Add the pineapple to the same pan you used to cook the gammon and cook for 1-2 minutes on both sides until brown. Place on top of the gammon and keep in the tin foil to keep warm.
- Place the gammon steak topped with pineapple on a plate. Drizzle the Coca-Cola syrup over the gammon and pineapple.
Other Tasty Recipes
Rate our Recipe×
|Country of origin:|