Mediterranean baked fish
Heart-healthy cod fillets are cooked with a flavoursome mixture of vitamin-packed tomatoes, olives, capers, onions and garlic.. Serve with boiled new potatoes.
Per Serving 191kcals, 7.2g fat (1.1g saturated), 6.9g carbs, 2.4g sugars, 19.9g protein, 2.1g fibre, 0.141g sodium
|4 tsp olive oil, divided|
|4 x cod fillets (or other white fish)|
|1 small onion, diced|
|2 garlic cloves, crushed|
|120ml white wine|
|½ x 400g tin of chopped tomatoes|
|60g pitted black olives, roughly chopped|
|2 tsp capers|
|100g baby spinach leaves|
|Boiled new potatoes or wholewheat pasta|
- Heat half of the oil in a large frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add the fish and cook for 2-3 minutes per side until cooked through. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
- Heat the remaining oil in the pan and cook the onion for 4-5 minutes until softened. Add the garlic and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Add the wine and cook for two minutes until the liquid has reduced by half.
- Stir in the tomatoes, olives and capers and cook for two minutes until it has thickened slightly.
- Stir in the spinach and cook for three minutes until it has wilted. Add the fish back to the pan to heat through, then serve with boiled new potatoes or wholewheat pasta.
Other Tasty Recipes
Rate our Recipe×
|Country of origin:|