A takeaway favourite that’s easy to make at home.
Per serving: 814kcals, 39.2g fat (7.1g saturated), 62.3g carbs, 4.5g sugars, 54.9g protein, 10.6g fibre, 1.177g sodium
|300g frozen chips|
|200g ground almonds|
|½ tsp paprika|
|2 chicken fillets, sliced into strips|
|1 tbsp rapeseed oil|
|½ an onion, sliced|
|For the seasoning:|
|1 tsp sea salt|
|1 tbsp Chinese five spice|
|½ tsp garlic powder|
|½ tsp chilli powder|
|Red and green chillies, sliced|
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C/180˚C fan/gas mark 6. Cook the chips according to the package instructions.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the ground almonds, paprika and some salt and black pepper. Beat the eggs together in a separate bowl.
- Working one piece at a time, dip the chicken pieces into the beaten egg to coat them thoroughly, then dredge them in the almond mixture.
- Heat the rapeseed oil in a large pan over a medium-high heat and cook the chicken pieces until golden-brown on both sides and completely cooked throughout. Remove to a plate and keep warm.
- Return the pan to a medium-high heat and cook the onion for 2-3 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the salt, Chinese five spice, garlic powder and chilli powder for the seasoning.
- Toss the chicken, onion and chips together in a bowl and scatter over the seasoning mixture from a height. Toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with sliced chillies and serve immediately.