Haddock and Spinach Bake
Haddock fillets are baked on a bed of wilted and creamy spinach, thinly-sliced potatoes and tomatoes for a light and filling dinner.
402kcals, 14.2g fat (8g saturated), 28.5g carbs, 7.5g sugars, 35.2g protein, 5.7g fibre, 0.381g sodium
|Knob of butter|
|1 onion, chopped|
|4 large, floury potatoes, thinly sliced|
|400g spinach leaves|
|100g light cream cheese, at room temperature|
|4 x skinless haddock fillets|
|1 large tomato, sliced|
|4 tbsp Parmesan, grated|
1. Preheat the oven to 200˚C/180˚C fan/gas mark 6.
2. Melt the butter in a saucepan over a medium-high heat and cook the onion for five minutes until softened. Add the potato slices and stir to coat.
3. Add the milk and bring to a simmer. Cook for 7-8 minutes until the potatoes are tender.
4. Meanwhile, heat the spinach in a frying pan over a medium-high heat until wilted. Remove from the pan and drain off any excess liquid.
5. Stir the spinach with the cream cheese until combined. Spread into the bottom of a roasting tray. Top with the potatoes.
6. Arrange the haddock pieces on top. Lay sliced tomatoes on top of the fish and sprinkle with the Parmesan.
7. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the fish flakes easily. Serve warm.
Other Tasty Recipes
Rate our Recipe×
|Country of origin:|