Easy to make and super tasty, this quick Chinese chicken dish packs a load of flavour and is perfect for busy weekdays.
|1 small onion, peeled and finely chopped
|2 small chicken breasts, cut into 2cm strips
|2 cloves of garlic, peeled and minced
|200g frozen mixed vegetables
|50ml Coca-Cola Zero Sugar
|Juice of ½ a lemon
|1 packet quick cook Pilau rice
|1 tbsp vegetable oil for frying
|3 tbsp soy sauce
- Heat the oil in a wok or frying pan, add the onions and chicken pieces and cook at a medium heat for 5 minutes until starting to turn golden.
- Add the minced garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the frozen vegetables to the pan, and the Coca-Cola Zero Sugar. Bring up to the boil and cook the vegetables for the length of time indicated on the pack.
- Add the soy sauce and lemon juice to the pan and stir into the vegetables.
- Add the rice to the pan, stir well and cook for the length of time indicated on the pack.
Serving Suggestion: If you have some spring rolls in the freezer, pop them in the oven to cook while you make this and serve on the side with soy sauce.