Chinese chicken with vegetables and rice
Easy to make and super tasty, this quick Chinese chicken dish packs a load of flavour and is perfect for busy weekdays.
|1 small onion, peeled and finely chopped|
|2 small chicken breasts, cut into 2cm strips|
|2 cloves of garlic, peeled and minced|
|200g frozen mixed vegetables|
|50ml Coca-Cola Zero Sugar|
|Juice of ½ a lemon|
|1 packet quick cook Pilau rice|
|1 tbsp vegetable oil for frying|
|3 tbsp soy sauce|
- Heat the oil in a wok or frying pan, add the onions and chicken pieces and cook at a medium heat for 5 minutes until starting to turn golden.
- Add the minced garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the frozen vegetables to the pan, and the Coca-Cola Zero Sugar. Bring up to the boil and cook the vegetables for the length of time indicated on the pack.
- Add the soy sauce and lemon juice to the pan and stir into the vegetables.
- Add the rice to the pan, stir well and cook for the length of time indicated on the pack.
Serving Suggestion: If you have some spring rolls in the freezer, pop them in the oven to cook while you make this and serve on the side with soy sauce.
Other Tasty Recipes
Rate our Recipe×
|Country of origin:|