Chicken pasta bake
Serving suggestions: Serve with side salad.
Best served with an ice-cold Coca Cola Zero Sugar!
|extra grated cheese|
|1 tbsp olive oil|
|250g penne pasta|
|2 chicken fillets|
|1 small tin drained sweetcorn (198g)|
|200g broccoli florets|
|1 chicken stock cube|
|1/2 medium onion peeled and diced|
|75g mature cheddar cheese grated|
- Bring 2 pots of salted water to the boil (one for the pasta; one for the broccoli).
- In one pot, add the chicken stock cubes and pasta, and boil until cooked. Once the pasta is cooked remove from the pot, place in a sieve under cold running water. Strain and leave to the side.
- In the second pot, drop in the broccoli florets and cook without a lid until tender. Once the broccoli is cooked, remove from the pot, place in a sieve under cold running water. Strain and leave to the side.
- Dice the chicken fillets into small pieces and dust with plain flour.
- Add the onion and chicken pieces to a frying pan that has been lightly coated with olive oil. Cook until the onion is soft and the chicken is thoroughly cooked through. Once cooked, add sweetcorn to the pan.
- Place the pasta, broccoli, chicken, onion and sweetcorn in a casserole dish. Add the cream, grated cheese and 2 pinches of cayenne pepper. Place in the over at Gas Mark 5 / 180 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Once cooked, grate some fresh cheese on top and place back in the over until golden brown.
Other Tasty Recipes
Rate our Recipe×
|Country of origin:|