Cheesy cheddar cottage pie
Serving suggestions: Serve with garden peas
Best served with an ice-cold Coca-Cola Zero Sugar!
|380g mince beef|
|1 medium red onion, peeled & diced|
|3 carrots peeled and diced|
|2 parsnips peeled and diced|
|500g potatoes peeled and diced|
|75g cheddar cheese|
|1 beef stock cube|
|1 tbsp olive oil|
|3 tsp gravy granules|
- Place the chopped potatoes in a pot of boiling water and cook until soft. Strain the potatoes and place back in the pot. Add 50g of butter, a pinch of salt and pepper, and mash until smooth. Set to one side to use for mash topping later.
- Add 1 tbsp olive oil to a pot over medium heat. Once the oil is hot add the onions and cook until soft. Then add the mince beef and cook until brown.
- Add the diced carrot and parsnip to the pot. Dilute the beef stock cube in water, following the directions on the pack. Once diluted add to the pot. Add pinch of salt and pepper and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Thicken the mince mixture by adding the gravy granules.
- Place the mince mixture in a casserole dish and top with the mashed potato. Sprinkle with the grated cheese.
- Place in an oven at Gas Mark 5 / 180 degrees until the mash and cheese topping is golden brown.
Other Tasty Recipes
Rate our Recipe×
|Country of origin:|