Cajun chicken with avocado coriander dressing
Cook these mildly-spiced chicken fillets on the barbecue or on the stove. Drizzle with a simple avocado dressing and serve with salad for a delicious, light meal.
Per Serving: 376kcals, 20.4g fat (5.2g saturated), 5.6g carbs, 1.5g sugars, 41.7g protein, 3.5g fibre, 0.273g sodium
|For the dressing:|
|1 avocado, pitted and peeled|
|100g plain Greek yoghurt|
|Handful of fresh coriander, chopped|
|Juice of 1 lime|
|Pinch of salt|
|For the chicken:|
|4 chicken fillets|
|3-4 tbsp Cajun spice|
|Salt and black pepper|
- Combine all of the ingredients for the dressing, except the water, in a food processor. Whizz together until thick and smooth.
- Add the water a splash at a time, whizzing again after each addition, until the sauce reaches your desired consistency. Set aside.
- Place the chicken fillets between two sheets of cling film. Pound with a meat tenderiser or a rolling pin until they are an even thickness.
- Pat the fillets dry with kitchen paper. Season on both sides with the Cajun spice and some salt and black pepper.
- Preheat a barbecue or a griddle pan to a medium-high heat. Cook the chicken for 4-5 minutes per side or until completely cooked throughout.
- Place the Cajun chicken on serving plates and drizzle with a little of the avocado coriander dressing. Serve with a salad, with the extra dressing in a jug on the side.
Other Tasty Recipes
Rate our Recipe×
|Country of origin:|