Firm and crisp on top, dig into this indulgent chocolate sponge bake and discover its rich chocolate sauce.
Per serving: 533kcals, 18.9g fat (11.5g saturated), 88.8g carbs, 62.3g sugars, 6.7g protein, 2.4g fibre, 0.164g sodium
Top tip: Reduce the amount of sugar in the sauce down to 50g for a less sweet option.
|120g self-raising flour|
|2 tbsp cocoa powder|
|100g brown sugar|
|80g melted & cooled butter|
|1 lightly beaten egg|
|For the sauce:|
|150g brown sugar|
|2 tbsp sifted cocoa powder|
|300ml boiling water|
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4 and grease a large rectangular baking dish.
- Sift the flour and cocoa into a large bowl, then stir in the sugar.
- Whisk the butter, milk and egg in a separate bowl. Slowly whisk into the flour mixture until smooth.
- Spread into the baking dish, then sprinkle over the sugar and cocoa powder.
- Slowly pour the boiling water over the back of a large metal spoon to cover the pudding. Place the dish onto a baking tray and bake for 35-40 minutes or until the pudding bounces back when pressed gently in centre. When you cut into the pudding, the top will be crisp and set, but inside will be fudgy and gooey. Serve big scoops of the hot pudding in bowls with whipped cream.