A simple dinner full of those all-important omega 3s from the salmon, and calcium and iron from superfood kale.
Per serving: 546kcals, 18.9g fat (4.8g saturated), 54.2g carbs, 4.6g sugars, 40.3g protein, 1.7g fibre, 0.622g sodium
TOP TIP: For extra flavour, stir some chopped parsley and the juice of half a lemon into the rice.
|2 tsp olive oil, plus extra for greasing
|200g uncooked rice
|2 tbsp soy sauce
|1 tbsp honey
|2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
|1 tbsp lemon juice
|4 salmon fillets
|Salt and black pepper
|Knob of butter
|2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
|1 large bunch of kale, chopped
|Lemon wedges, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C/180˚C fan/gas mark 6. Lightly grease a baking dish with oil.
- Cook the rice according to the package instructions. Drain well, fluff with a fork and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, honey, sweet chilli sauce and lemon juice.
- Pat the salmon dry with kitchen paper and season with salt and pepper. Place the salmon in the prepared baking dish and pour over the soy-honey glaze.
- Cook in the oven for 10-12 minutes or until cooked to your liking, flipping the salmon fillets and basting with the glaze halfway through.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil and butter in a large pan over a medium-high heat. Cook the garlic for 1-2 minutes until just beginning to turn golden. Add the kale and cook for 4-5 minutes until wilted. Season with salt and plenty of black pepper.
- Serve the salmon drizzled with its glaze, along with the garlic kale, rice and some lemon wedges for squeezing over.