Shape various raw vegetables (celery sticks, sliced peppers, broccoli and cauliflower florets, tomatoes and radishes) into a skeleton, then add a simple garlic and chive dip, or hummus, for a healthy Halloween party idea.
Per serving: 119kcals, 5g fat (0.8g saturated), 15.3g carbs, 4.1g sugars, 5.6g protein, 5.5g fibre, 0.230g sodium
|1 cucumber, sliced|
|1 medium red pepper, halved, seeded, and cut crosswise into strips|
|½ small head of cauliflower, cut into florets|
|2 celery stalks, cut into bite-size pieces|
|½ small head of broccoli, cut into florets|
|2 handfuls of baby carrots|
1. Down the centre of a large cutting board or tray, line up cucumber slices to form the spine of the skeleton. Arrange red pepper strips on both sides of the cucumbers to form a rib cage.
2. Use cauliflower florets to make the pelvis and the celery sticks to make arms and legs, with cauliflower florets for the elbow and knee joints. Add broccoli florets for the hands and feet.
3. Use baby carrots for the shoulders and neck.
4. Place the hummus into a small bowl for the head. Use cauliflower and broccoli florets for the hair. Cut eyes out from carrots and a mouth from a red pepper.
5. Serve remaining vegetables on the side as dippers.