These fibre-rich biscuits feature heart-healthy raisins and get a touch of sweetness from natural honey.
Per Serving 186kcals, 1.5g fat (0.2g saturated), 38.9g carbs, 12.3g sugars, 5g protein, 3.4g fibre, 0.114g sodium
|80g brown sugar|
|2 egg whites|
|180ml unsweetened apple sauce|
|1 tsp vanilla|
|180g whole wheat flour|
|1 tsp bicarbonate of soda|
|1½ tsp cinnamon|
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fa/gas mark 4 and line two baking trays with parchment paper.
- Stir the flour, bicarbonate of soda, cinnamon and oats in a bowl.
- Beat the brown sugar, egg whites, apple sauce and vanilla in a separate mixing bowl. Stir in the oat mixture.
- Stir through the raisins.
- Add teaspoon-sized drops of dough to the trays. Flatten slightly with the back of a fork. Bake the trays for 9-11 minutes until the biscuits are just set.