Chicken fillets and broccoli florets are tossed with a creamy sauce and fusilli pasta, then coated with a breadcrumb topping and baked (or frozen for later).
Per Serving: 532kcals, 17g fat (4.8g saturated), 58g carbs, 4.4g sugars, 37.8g protein, 4.1g fibre, 0.649g sodium
|200g broccoli, chopped into small florets|
|2 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for drizzling|
|Salt and black pepper|
|3 chicken fillets, cut into bite-sized pieces|
|1 onion, chopped|
|180g mushrooms, sliced|
|1 x 295g tin of cream of chicken soup|
|For the topping:|
|50g Cheddar, grated|
|50g Parmesan, grated|
- Preheat the oven to 190˚C/170˚C fan/gas mark 5. Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil and cook the fusilli according to the package instructions. Add the broccoli during the last four minutes of the cooking time. Drain the pasta and broccoli together and return to the pot.
- Heat the oil in a large pan and season the chicken with salt and pepper. Add to the pan and fry for five minutes until browned and just cooked through. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the onion and mushrooms to the pan and cook for five minutes until soft.
- Stir in the soup until combined, then transfer to a large baking dish. Add the chicken, pasta and broccoli. Stir gently to combine.
- Toss the Cheddar, Parmesan and breadcrumbs together, then sprinkle over the top of the pasta bake and drizzle with a bit of oil.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes until golden and bubbling.
Top tip: To freeze, assemble the dish up until Step 6. Instead of baking, wrap the pasta bake in cling film and a layer of foil. Bake from frozen and add an extra 5-10 to the cooking time. These can also be assembled and frozen in smaller ramekins for a single-serve portion.