Hearty and wholesome sweet potatoes, beans and lentils and stewed in this warming and slightly spiced curry.
Per Serving: 432kcals, 9.5g fat (1.4g saturated), 70.4g carbs, 10.9g sugars, 19.4g protein, 20.8g fibre, 0.068g sodium
|2 tbsp vegetable oil|
|1 onion, chopped|
|1 tsp cumin seed|
|1 tsp mustard seeds|
|1 tbsp curry powder|
|2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks|
|500ml vegetable stock|
|1 x 400g tin of chopped tomatoes|
|1 x 400g tin of chickpeas, drained|
|A handful of fresh coriander, chopped|
- Heat the oil in a large pan over a medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook for a few minutes until soft.
- Add the cumin, mustard and curry powder. Cook, stirring, for about one minute until fragrant.
- Stir in the lentils, sweet potatoes, vegetable stock and tomatoes. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes until the sweet potatoes are tender.
- Add the chickpeas and heat through for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve in warmed bowls with some coriander, natural yoghurt and naan bread.
Top tip: To freeze, simply bring the stew to room temperature and freeze in a plastic container or in individual ramekins. To reheat, simply add to a saucepan over a medium heat and warm through until hot and bubbling.