Fresh asparagus, green beans and peas are combined with sharp Feta in this deep quiche.
Per serving: 356kcals, 23.7g fat (8.7g saturated), 26g carbs, 5.2g sugars, 9.8g protein, 3.1g fibre, 0.251g sodium
|1 sheet of shortcrust pastry, thawed if frozen|
|1 tbsp olive oil|
|1 leek, pale section only, thinly sliced|
|½ a bunch of asparagus, ends trimmed, thinly sliced|
|½ a bunch of green beans, ends trimmed, thinly sliced|
|50g fresh or frozen peas|
|3 eggs, lightly whisked|
|250ml whole milk|
|50g Feta, crumbled|
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C/180˚C fan/gas mark 6. Roll out the pastry on a floured surface and use it to line a 20cm tart tin.
- Line with parchment paper and fill with baking beans and rice. Bake for 10 minutes, then remove the beans and paper and bake for another 10 minutes until light golden.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium-high heat. Cook the leek for three minutes until soft, then stir in the asparagus and green beans. Cook for 2-3 minutes until just tender. Stir in the peas and cook for one minute.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 190˚C/170˚C fan/gas mark 5. Arrange the vegetables in the pastry case in an even layer.
- Whisk the eggs and milk and pour into the case. Scatter over the Feta.
- Bake for 30 minutes until the filling is set. Serve warm or at room temperature.