Baked chicken topped with ripe summer tomatoes and grated Mozzarella, served over simple pesto pasta.
Per Serving: 535kcals, 14.3g fat (4.5g saturated), 46.6g carbs, 1.6g sugars, 52.4g protein, 0.8g fibre, 0.226g sodium
|4 chicken fillets|
|8 tbsp fresh basil pesto|
|2 tomatoes, sliced|
|120g Mozzarella, grated|
|1 tbsp Parmesan, grated|
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C/180˚C fan/gas mark 6. Grease a large baking dish with olive oil. Trim the chicken fillets and place them in the dish in a single layer.
- Spread one tablespoon of pesto over the top of each chicken fillet.
- Lay two tomato slices on top of each chicken fillet. Sprinkle over the grated Mozzarella.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until the chicken is completely cooked throughout.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pan of salted water to a boil over a high heat. Cook the spaghetti according to the package instructions.
- Drain the spaghetti, reserving a little of the pasta cooking water. Return the spaghetti to the pan and add the remaining pesto and the Parmesan. Toss to coat, adding a splash of the cooking water if needed to loosen the sauce. Divide between serving bowls.
- Top the spaghetti with the Caprese chicken and serve.