Indulgent rib eye steaks with a creamy peppercorn sauce made from black peppercorns, cream and Irish whiskey (optional) is perfect for a meaty main.
Per Serving 427kcals, 34.8g fat (12.7g saturated), 3.6g carbs, 1g sugars, 20.7g protein, 0.9g fibre, 0.082g sodium
|1 tbsp olive oil|
|Sea salt and black pepper|
|2 rib-eye steaks|
|1 tbsp whiskey or brandy|
|1 tbsp black peppercorns, roughly crushed|
- Heat the oil in a heavy frying pan over a high heat. Season the steak with salt and pepper.
- Place the steaks in the hot pan leave (without moving) for 2-3 minutes to form a nice crust, then flip and cook for another two minutes (for medium-rare, or to your liking). Remove to a plate, tent loosely with tin foil and rest while you make the sauce.
- Place the same pan over a high heat and add the whiskey. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and add the cream and crushed peppercorns. Simmer for five minutes, using a wooden spoon to scrape any sticky bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Stir in any juices that have been released from the steaks.
- Serve the steaks with the creamy peppercorn sauce and chunky chips.