Per Serving 186kcals, 7.8g fat (4.7g saturated), 26.3g carbs, 12.9g sugars, 2.1g protein, 0.3g fibre, 0.049g sodium
|375g good-quality mincemeat|
|1-2 tbsp ice-cold water|
|1 egg yolk|
|150g cold butter, cubed|
|300g plain flour|
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C/180˚C fan/gas mark 6. Place the flour into a large mixing bowl and rub in the butter using your fingertips until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add the egg yolk and mix in just enough of the water until the mixture comes together as a smooth dough. Bring it together into a firm ball.
- Set half of the dough aside in the fridge until ready to use. Roll the remaining dough on a lightly-floured work surface. Use a 6cm pastry cutter to stamp out 18 rounds.
- Nestle the rounds into the holes of two 12-cup tartlet tins, so that the pastry fits smoothly in the bottom of each cup and comes slightly up the sides.
- Fill each hole with about one tablespoon of the mincemeat filling.
- Roll out the remaining pastry and stamp out 18 more circles, or stars if desired. Dampen the edges of the pastries in the tin with a bit of cold water, then press the lids on.
- Cut a small slit into the centre of each pie and bake for 20 minutes until golden. Serve warm dusted with icing sugar.