A great way of using up your leftovers from the big day roasts. Packed full of flavour and goes a long way to feed the masses.
Per serving: 807kcal, 35.7g Fat (7.7g Saturated), 77.9g Carbs (15.4g Sugars), 43.8g Protein, 4.9g Fibre, 0.867g sodium
|Serves:||4 to 6 portions|
|75g butter or olive oil|
|1 onion, chopped|
|1 stalk celery, finely sliced|
|1 leek, sliced|
|100g bacon bits (optional)|
|250ml leftover peas/carrots|
|1kg leftover turkey, cooked shredded|
|750g – 850g stuffing|
|1 grated raw potato|
|2tbls parmesan cheese (optional)|
- Crust: Mix all ingredients together and it will resemble crumble. Set aside until needed.
- Preheat the oven to 190’c.
- In a pot, heat the butter and fry the onion, celery, leeks and bacon until softened. Add the peas/carrots and turkey and mix well to combine.
- Add enough gravy in to mix well with the filling. Should not be too dry. Add more if required.
- Scoop into deep pie dish and top with the crumble to cover. Bake until stuffing is a beautiful golden brown colour and crispy, around 15 to 20 minutes.
Cooks tip! This is a great way of using up leftovers from the celebrations and is really delicious. Other vegetables like broccoli could also be added and also it is especially delicious with mushrooms added to the filling.