Per Serving 104kcals, 0g fat (0g saturated), 25.1g carbs (24.9g sugars), 1.8g protein, 0g fibre, 0.017g sodium
|4 egg whites|
|100g icing sugar|
|100g caster sugar|
|¼ tsp cream of tartar|
|Green food colouring|
- Preheat the oven to 110˚C/90˚C fan/gas mark ¼. Line two large baking trays with non-stick parchment paper.
- In a large, spotlessly clean bowl, whisk the egg whites until they begin to form soft peaks.
- Whisking constantly, add one tablespoon of icing sugar followed by one tablespoon of caster sugar. Continue adding the sugar in this way until all of it has been incorporated.
- Add the cream of tartar and enough food colouring to make the mixture green. Keep whisking for 10 minutes until the meringue is glossy and very stiff.
- Use a star nozzle to pipe the meringue onto the parchment paper in the shape of Christmas trees.
- Bake for 80-90 minutes or until set. Turn off the oven, prop the door a little open with the handle of a wooden spoon and allow the meringues to cool in the oven.
- Decorate with sprinkles, to serve.