|1 x 2kg leg of lamb|
|3-4 sprigs of rosemary|
|1 heaped tbsp cranberry sauce|
|2 tsp orange zest|
- About an hour before you want to cook your lamb, remove it from the fridge, remove all packaging and place in a large roasting dish. Cover with cling film and allow it to rest at room temperature for one hour before roasting.
- Rub the lamb all over with the olive oil and seaosn generously with salt and black pepper.
- Use a sharp knife to cut small slits in the lamb. Push a clove into each slit. Place the sprigs of fresh rosemary on top of the lamb.
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4.
- In a small bowl, mix together the cranberry sauce and orange zest (¼ orange).
- Roast the lamb for two hours (for medium). Every 20-30 minutes, baste the lamb with the juices from the bottom of the tray.
- Half an hour before the lamb has finished cooking, remove it from the oven and brush it all over with the cranberry and orange mixture. Return it to the oven to finish cooking.
- Transfer the cooked lamb to a board, tent loosely with foil and allow to rest for 15 minutes. Remove the cloves and rosemary sprigs, then carve and serve.