Per Serving 553kcals, 42g fat (20g saturated), 17.7g carbs, 2.6g sugars, 26.5g protein, 3.8g fibre, 0.27g sodium
|800g smoked mackerel fillets, skin and bones removed|
|130g cream cheese|
|150g crème fraîche|
|2-3 tbsp creamed horseradish|
|Dash of Tabasco sauce|
|Juice of 1 lemon|
|Salt and black pepper|
- Use a fork to flake the mackerel fillets apart and transfer into a bowl.
- Add the cream cheese, crème fraîche, two tablespoons of horseradish, the Tabasco and lemon juice.
- Mix thoroughly until well combined, then taste and add more horseradish, if liked, along with some salt and plenty of black pepper. Transfer to a right small serving ramekins and store in the fridge until ready to serve (up to three days).
- For the Melba toast, turn the grill on to a high heat. Lightly toast the bread on both sides until golden. Remove from the grill.
- Use a serrated knife to cut horizontally through the centre of each slice of toast to form two thin slices. Place these back under the grill, cut side-up, unti golden and curled – watch them closely as they will burn very quickly.
- Serve the Melba toast with the smoked mackerel pâté.