Quick egg and cheese pittas
A speedy, cheesy one-egg omelette is stuffed into a wholewheat pitta bread for a grab-and-go breakfast, perfect for busy school mornings.
262kcals, 17.4g fat (9.4g saturated), 16.8g carbs, 0.8g sugars, 10.1g protein, 0.9g fibre, 0.497g sodium
|1 wholewheat pitta bread|
|1 tbsp Parmesan or Cheddar, grated|
|Salt and black pepper|
|Knob of butter|
|1 slice of ham or turkey|
- Sprinkle the pitta bread lightly with water and place in the toaster.
- Crack the egg into a jug or bowl. Add the milk, cheese and some salt and pepper. Beat with a fork until frothy.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan over a medium-high heat. Pour in the egg mixture and cook for 1-2 minutes, tilting the pan so the egg cooks in a thin, even layer. Remove to a plate.
- When the pitta is toasted, remove it from the toaster and split open with a sharp knife, being careful as there is hot steam inside.
- Fold the omelette in half and then in half again. Stuff the omelette inside the pitta, adding some baby spinach leaves, chopped tomatoes or a slice of ham or turkey if desired.
Other Tasty Recipes
Rate our Recipe×
|Country of origin:|