Sweet potato, red pepper and red onions are roasted until caramelised, then baked into this simple frittata, perfect or lunch or dinner.
Per Serving 232kcals, 15g fat (4.9g saturated), 10.9g carbs, 6.4g sugars, 14.6g protein, 1.7g fibre, 0.257g sodium
|1 tbsp olive oil|
|1 small sweet potato, peeled and chopped into chunks|
|1 red pepper, deseeded and chopped into chunks|
|1 red onion, thickly sliced|
|1 tsp ground cumin|
|½ tsp smoked paprika|
|120ml low-fat milk|
|40g Feta, crumbled|
|Mixed leaves salad|
- Preheat the oven to 220˚C/200˚C fan/gas mark 7. Heat the oil in a 20cm oven-safe frying pan over a medium heat. Add the sweet potato, pepper and onion. Cover with a lid and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the sweet potato is cooked through.
- Remove the lid and cook for another 10 minutes until the sweet potato starts to caramelise.
- Reduce the heat to low and stir in the cumin and paprika. Spread the vegetables into an even layer across the pan.
- Whisk together the eggs and milk in a bowl, then pour into the pan.
- Sprinkle the Feta evenly across the pan and leave over the heat for about two minutes.
- Transfer the pan to the oven and leave to cook for 35 minutes until just barely set.
- Leave to cool for a few minutes before slicing. Serve warm or at room temperature with a green salad on the side.