Fish is the perfect light summer food; add some fresh summer herbs like flat-leaf parsley and mint, with breadcrumbs and lemon to lightly coat white fish of your choice before grilling.
|4 slices bread, preferably a little stale|
|A small handful of mint, finely chopped|
|Salt & black pepper, to taste|
|1 tablespoon white wine vinegar|
|1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil|
|100g cucumber, cut into thin strips|
|100g mangetout, thinly sliced|
|Mixed leaf salad|
|A large handful of flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped|
|Zest of 2 lemons|
|4 white fish fillets (e.g. cod, hake, whiting)|
1. Preheat the oven to 180C. Line a large baking tray with parchment paper.
Place fish fillets on the tray, flesh side down.
2. To make breadcrumbs, finely chop the bread slices in a food processor or if using shop-bought breadcrumbs, simply add them to a bowl.
3. Add the lemon zest and herbs into the breadcrumbs and mix together.
4. Sprinkle some of the herby breadcrumbs on top of each fish fillet, slightly pressing it into the fish.
5. Place in the oven to bake for 10 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
6. In the meantime, assemble the green salad by adding all the ingredients into a bowl and tossing together.
7. Serve the fish with some green salad and lemon wedge.