Homemade butter chicken
Mild and creamy, this Indian favourite is flavoured with ginger, turmeric, garam masala and tomato.
Per serving: 529kcals, 19.6g fat (5.7g saturated), 24.7g carbs, 13.9g sugars, 63.9g protein, 5g fibre, 0.293g sodium
|2cm piece peeled & grated fresh ginger|
|½ tsp chilli powder|
|800g trimmed and cut into bite-sized pieces chicken thighs|
|2 crushed garlic cloves|
|2 tsp garam masala|
|1 tsp ground cumin|
|1 tsp ground coriander|
|60g plain reduced-fat yoghurt|
|2 tsp vegetable oil|
|1 tsp ground cardamom|
|1 cinnamon stick|
|1 x 400g tin of tomato purée|
|120ml whipped until thickened cream|
|Steamed basmati rice|
- Combine chicken, garlic, ginger, chilli, garam masala, cumin, ground coriander and yoghurt in a large freezer bag. Seal and refrigerate for at least one hour, or overnight if possible.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add the cardamom and cinnamon stick, stirring for one minute until fragrant.
- Add the chicken mixture and cook, stirring, for five minutes until browned all over.
- Add the tomato purée and 120ml of cold water. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove and discard the cinnamon stick, then stir in the cream. Cook for two minutes until heated through. Serve hot over steamed basmati rice.
Other Tasty Recipes
Rate our Recipe×
|Country of origin:|