Juicy melt in the mouth lamb, that will have your family wanting more. You can marinate these overnight, the flavours are so well paired with the relish and vegetables.
Per serving: 478kcals, 18.4g Fat (2.7g Saturated), 28.8g Carbs (6.9g Sugars), 50.4g Protein, 2.7g Fibre, 0.743g Sodium
|2tsps crushed garlic|
|2tbls Dijon/wholegrain mustard|
|2tbls lemon juice|
|½tsp lemon zest|
|1stp fresh thyme, finely chopped|
|2tbls soya sauce|
|6 to 8 lamb steaks|
|1 cup toasted ciabatta breadcrumbs|
|1tbls butter, melted|
|2tbls mustard of choice|
|1tbls parsley, chopped finely|
|½tsp coarse black pepper|
- Mix all the ingredients together with a good glug of oil, mix well and pour over lamb steaks. Massage into the steak, so it is covered well. Cover and marinade for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Topping, mix all the ingredients together until a crumble forms, set aside to use.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Heat a saucepan to very hot, and grill lamb steaks on each side to seal. Put the steaks onto a baking tray and top each with some of the crumb mixture. Bake in the oven for 10 to 12 minutes or longer if you prefer well done. Allow the steaks to rest for 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
- Great served with a red wine caramelized onion & beetroot relish.
Cooks tip! These steaks are great to make a day ahead, so that all the flavours infuse in the lamb and when you grill them the next day, they are tender and flavourful.