Roasted carrots and parsnips lightly flavoured with curry powder, combined into a flavoursome vegan-friendly soup.
Per Serving 235kcals, 9.4g fat (2.8g saturated), 40.8g carbs, 15.3g sugars, 3.3g protein, 10.3g fibre, 0.755g sodium.
|1.4Ltr Vegetable stock|
|1x2cm piece of fresh ginger, peeled and grated|
|4 garlic cloves, crushed|
|3 tbsp olive oil|
|1kg carrots, peeled and roughly chopped|
|600g parsnips, peeled and roughly chopped|
|2 tbsp curry powder|
|1 small onion, thinly sliced|
|Salt and black pepper|
|Fresh coriander or parsley, chopped, to serve|
1. Preheat the oven to 220˚C/200˚C fan/gas mark 7.
2. Place the carrots and parsnips on a large rimmed baking tray and drizzle with two tablespoons of the olive oil. Sprinkle over the curry powder and season with salt and pepper, then toss to coat. Roast for 30 minutes until soft and lightly caramelised, tossing halfway through.
3. Meanwhile, heat the remaining olive oil in a saucepan over a medium heat. Add the onion, season with salt and pepper and cook for 5-6 minutes until softened. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for two minutes longer.
4. Add the roasted carrots and parsnips to the pan with the onion and pour in the vegetable stock. Use a stick blender to whizz until smooth. Taste and add extra salt or pepper if needed.
5. Divide the soup amongst bowls and garnish with some chopped fresh coriander or parsley, to serve.