Give your Sunday lunch a Spanish twist with this easy pot-roast.
Per serving: 768kcals, 44.8g fat (14g saturated), 26.8g carbs, 2.5g sugars, 62.3g protein, 4.7g fibre, 0.796g sodium
1 hour 20 minutes
|1 x 1.4kg whole chicken|
|1 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for rubbing|
|2 tsp smoked paprika|
|Salt and black pepper|
|1 small lemon, chopped into wedges|
|½ an onion, chopped into wedges|
|700g baby potatoes, halved|
|300g spicy chorizo, sliced 2cm thick|
|2 red peppers, deseeded and chopped into chunks|
|2 corn on the cobs, cut into 3cm pieces|
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C/180˚C fan/gas mark 6. Rub the chicken with olive oil and season all over with the paprika and some salt and pepper. Push the lemon and onion into the cavity. Place the chicken into a roasting tin.
- In a bowl, toss the potatoes with the olive oil and some seasoning. Add the chorizo and corn and toss to coat.
- Put the potatoes, chorizo, pepper and corn around the chicken in the roasting tin. Cover with foil and roast for 20 minutes, then turn the heat down to 190˚C/170˚C fan/gas mark 5.
- Roast for one hour longer or until completely cooked throughout, removing the foil for the final 30 minutes.
- Allow the chicken to rest for 10-15 minutes, then carve and serve with the potatoes, chorizo and vegetables.
Other Tasty Recipes
Rate our Recipe×
|Country of origin:|