Chicken tacos with marinated onion
Serving Suggestion: Serve with an avocado and tomato salad
BEST SERVED WITH AN ICE-COLD COCA-COLA ZERO SUGAR!
|½ red onion, peeled and thinly sliced|
|Juice of ½ lemon|
|1 large chicken breast|
|1 onion, peeled and finely chopped|
|¼ packet taco spice mix|
|2 tomatoes, chopped|
|Handful iceberg lettuce leaves, shredded|
|1 tbsp vegetable oil for frying|
|4 taco shells|
|20g white cheddar to garnish (optional)|
- Put the chopped red onion into a small bowl with the lemon juice, a pinch of sugar and a pinch of salt and allow to marinate
- Put chicken breast into a saucepan, cover with water, bring to the boil and gently simmer for 10 minutes until the chicken is cooked right through.
- Transfer to a bowl to cool, and then pull the chicken into shreds using 2 forks
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan, add the onions and cook at a medium heat for 5 minutes until starting to turn golden.
- Then add taco sauce and cook for another minute.
- Add the shredded chicken to the pan, and warm through.
- Add the chopped tomatoes to the red onions.
- Put the shredded lettuce into the taco shells, followed by the chicken mixture and top with the red onions and tomatoes. Sprinkle with cheese (optional).
Other Tasty Recipes
Rate our Recipe×
|Country of origin:|