Serving Suggestion: Serve with an avocado and tomato salad
BEST SERVED WITH AN ICE-COLD COCA-COLA ZERO SUGAR!
|½ red onion, peeled and thinly sliced|
|Juice of ½ lemon|
|1 large chicken breast|
|1 onion, peeled and finely chopped|
|¼ packet taco spice mix|
|2 tomatoes, chopped|
|Handful iceberg lettuce leaves, shredded|
|1 tbsp vegetable oil for frying|
|4 taco shells|
|20g white cheddar to garnish (optional)|
- Put the chopped red onion into a small bowl with the lemon juice, a pinch of sugar and a pinch of salt and allow to marinate
- Put chicken breast into a saucepan, cover with water, bring to the boil and gently simmer for 10 minutes until the chicken is cooked right through.
- Transfer to a bowl to cool, and then pull the chicken into shreds using 2 forks
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan, add the onions and cook at a medium heat for 5 minutes until starting to turn golden.
- Then add taco sauce and cook for another minute.
- Add the shredded chicken to the pan, and warm through.
- Add the chopped tomatoes to the red onions.
- Put the shredded lettuce into the taco shells, followed by the chicken mixture and top with the red onions and tomatoes. Sprinkle with cheese (optional).