Perfect for quick breakfasts or school snacks, the kids will love helping to make this tasty banana bread.
203kcals, 7.2g fat (4.3g saturated), 32.7g carbs, 14.5g sugars, 3g protein, 1.4g fibre, 0.194g sodium
TIP: You can add nuts or chocolate chips to this recipe – simply stir them into the batter before transferring to the loaf tin.
|Serves:||Makes 1 loaf|
|80g butter, melted, plus extra for greasing|
|3 very ripe bananas, peeled|
|1 tsp bicarbonate of soda|
|Pinch of salt|
|1 egg, beaten|
|1 tsp vanilla extract|
|190g plain flour|
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4. Lightly grease a two-pound loaf tin with butter.
- In a mixing bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork until almost smooth, leaving some lumps. Stir the melted butter into the mashed bananas.
- Stir in the bicarbonate of soda, salt, sugar, egg and vanilla extract. Add the flour and stir until combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf tin.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick or skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Remove the banana bread from the oven and cool in the tin for 20-30 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and allow to cool completely.
Other Tasty Recipes
Rate our Recipe×
|Country of origin:|