Baileys triple chocolate trifles
This luxurious twist on a trifle combines chocolate Swiss roll, Baileys chocolate ganache, and Baileys and chocolate whipped cream, layered into individual glasses and topped with grated dark chocolate. Perfect for making ahead.
Per Serving 679kcals, 45.6g fat (27.3g saturated), 53.2g carbs, 4.5g sugars, 7.1g protein, 4.6g fibre, 0.079g sodium
1 hour 30 minutes
|For the Baileys ganache:|
|250ml double cream|
|250g dark chocolate, chopped|
|For the Baileys whipped cream:|
|500ml single cream|
|3tbsp hot chocolate powder|
|500g chocolate Swiss roll, chopped|
|100g dark chocolate, grated|
1. For the ganache, heat the cream in a saucepan over a medium-high heat until almost boiling – bubbles will begin to appear around the edges of the pan.
2. Place the chopped chocolate into a bowl and pour the hot cream over it. Stir until the chocolate melts into the cream, forming a glossy ganache. Stir in the Baileys and set aside to cool.
3. For the Baileys whipped cream, use an electric whisk to beat the cream together with the Baileys until it forms soft peaks. Stir in the hot chocolate powder and beat for two minutes longer.
4. To assemble the trifles, divide the chocolate Swiss roll pieces amongst eight individual glass bowls or glasses. Drizzle two teaspoons of Baileys over each portion of Swiss roll.
5. Divide the cooled ganache amongst the bowls, layering it over the Swiss roll.
6. Top each portion with the Baileys whipped cream. Smooth out the tops with a butter knife or the back of a spoon.
7. Cover and place in the fridge to set for at least one hour before serving; they can be made one day ahead of time and kept in the fridge overnight. Grate over the dark chocolate before serving.
Other Tasty Recipes
Rate our Recipe×
|Country of origin:|