Serving suggestions: Serve with bread or a side salad.
Best served with an ice-cold Coca-Cola Zero Sugar!
|1.2 litre chicken stock|
|1 large onion peeled and diced|
|175g mushrooms sliced|
|150g bacon lardons|
|1 celery stick diced|
|75g frozen garden peas|
|450g arborio rice|
|200ml white wine|
|75g parmesan cheese|
|1 knob butter|
- Pour the stock into a pot and heat gently.
- Place the bacon lardons in a pan and cook for 5 minutes until golden brown. Add the diced onion and celery to the pan and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Stir in the Arborio rice and sliced mushrooms, stir continually to glaze the rice without adding any colour and to slightly soften the mushrooms.
- Add the white wine and cook it off completely. Then add the stock a ladle at a time, stirring until it has completely been absorbed by the rice. This should take approximately 20-25 minutes.
- Add the garden peas and continue to cook for approximately 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add a knob of butter. Finely grate the parmesan cheese and add to the pan.
- Cover with a lid and cook for a further 2 minutes until there is a creamy texture to the mixture.